Friday, June 14, 2013

Differentiation Using Technology


I had to complete my 6 hour GT update before the end of the school year, so I chose a course entitled "Differentiation in Technology K-5".  I am not a fan of online courses, but I really enjoyed this professional development and I am excited about using the new technology during the upcoming school year.  My favorites were Glogster, Prezi, and Padlet.

Glogster

Glogster was by far my favorite differentiation tool.  Glogster is basically a digital poster.  It can be used to introduce new content, and it can be also used as a student product.  I created a Glogster during the course that previewed reading vocabulary for the following week.  I envisioned students creating or responding to a Glogster about the upcoming week's vocabulary.  I could assess student's prior knowledge and plan for the next week's vocabulary instruction based upon their responses. My Glogster is below. Press the icon in the top right hand corner to view the Glogster full screen.



Prezi

Many of you may already know about Prezi.  I was first introduced to it at the beginning of this school year, however I had never used it until this course.  Prezi is much like a fancy Powerpoint.  The slides are contained on one page and they are presented in a unique way.  The Prezi below was created to differentiate the content being taught.  Students can use this Prezi to review root words, they can also create Prezis of their own. 



Padlet

Padlet, formerly known as Wallwisher, is another great differentiation tool. I know that I said Glogster was my favorite but Padlet definitely give it a run for its money.  Padlet allows you to design a wall and post to this wall using digital post its.  So, I created a Padlet to review adjectives and how we should use them when writing. 


That is it for "Differentiation Using Technology"! I was also introduced to several other tools including Animoto and Wordle.  I hope that you all enjoyed this post and are able to use these tools in the upcoming school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment